Saturday, December 30, 2017

Goodbye 2017

Countless amazing musical moments in 2017, a very hard year in Argentina due to a huge crisis and burning politics. But music went on. Of course.

I'm very happy that some records came out during 2017 featuring my guitars by Tricky, Maxi Trusso, Sumo x Pettinato, The Electric Gauchos, Fabio Mittino & Kabusacki, Ana Vidal and the Japanese re-edition of Kabusacki 6.1 La Maravilla. Yes, I'm proud of all of them.

I have also recorded guitars for upcoming releases by Maxi Trusso, Ana Vidal, Carola Zelaschi & Panal and Jiri Alvriv, coming out soon.

I played 88 live shows this year, in Japan, Italy, Uruguay and Argentina, with amazing musicians and  projects from different backgrounds such as Phil Manzanera, Otomo Yoshihide, Sumo x Petttinato, Yuji Katsui, The Dokuros, Seiichi Yamamoto, Sugar Yoshinaga, Yumiko Ohno,  Yoshida Daikiti, Takashi Numazawa, Nani Satoshima, Yoshitake Expe, Fabio Mittino, Jim O'Rourke, Ensamble de guitarras de Coghlan,  Samalea & Kabusacki, Damo Suzuki, Marina Fages, Hola, Maria Eva (opening for the one and only Tony Levin), La National Film Chamber Orchestra and Rayos y Centellas among others. I recorded the soundtrack for an animation film by   Pablo Rodriguez Jauregui and with Matias Mango the music for a documentary by Marcelo Goyeneche.

Also I met musicians I never met before... such as Terry Riley and Makoto Kawabata & Acid Mothers Temple

Life is good.

Happy new year to all!!!!!

































No comments: